Get the freedom to write as many checks as you want and earn 2.25% APY* at the same time.
With Freedom Rewards Checking, you have no balance requirements or monthly fees. Just a high interest checking account and ATM fee refunds nationwide**. It's easy to qualify!
- Earn 2.25% APY* on balances up to $15,000
- Earn 0.20% APY* on amount of balances over $15,000
- Earn 0.05% APY* if qualifications aren't met
- ATM fee refunds nationwide**
- No monthly fees or minimum balance
- Unlimited check writing
- Free Redi-Check Debit Card
- Free Redi-Net Online Banking and Telephone Banking
- Free Online Bill Pay
- Free Email Statements
- Overdraft Privilege available
- $50 minimum opening deposit
If you do not meet the qualifications one monthly qualification cycle, your account will still function as a checking account earning 0.05% APY on all balances; however, it will not receive ATM fee refunds for that monthly qualification cycle. You can qualify for the rewards the next month.
In order to receive the rewards rate and ATM fee refunds, simply do the following each monthly qualification cycle:
- Have 12 monthly debit card purchases post and clear your account
- Have one recurring monthly direct deposit or ACH auto debit post and clear your account
- Enroll in and review Email Statements
- Access Redi-Net Online Banking
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of 5/28/2012. Minimum to open account is $50. Interest rate tiers are as follows: An interest rate of 2.23% will be paid on the entire portion of your daily balance that is $.01 - $15,000. The APY for this tier is 2.25%. An interest rate of 0.20% will be paid only for that portion of your daily balance that is $15,000.01 or more. The APY will range from 2.25%-0.47% , depending on the balance in your account. These interest rates and APYs will be paid as long as qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle. Qualifying transactions must post and clear during the qualification cycle. Debit card purchase means any PIN or signature-based transaction performed at any location other than an ATM. Transactions may take more than 3 business days to post and clear from transaction date. If you do not meet the qualifications one monthly qualification cycle, your account will still function as a checking account earning 0.05% APY on all balances; however, it will not receive ATM fee refunds for that monthly qualification cycle. Interest rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. **ATM fee refunds awarded only if qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle. ATM fees are refunded up to $5.00 per fee. The Monthly Qualification Cycle is from the Wednesday following the 4th Tuesday of the month through the 4th Tuesday of the following month. Limit 2 accounts per household.